Personal Information – Terra Abstract may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information (e.g., name, address, phone number, email address);
- Demographic Information (e.g., date of birth, gender, marital status);
- Social Security Number (SSN);
- Driver’s license and other government ID numbers;
- Financial Account Information; and
- Other personal information needed from you to provide title insurance and other real estate transaction related services to you
Personal Information Collection – In the course of our business, Terra Abstract may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- Applications or other forms we receive from you or your authorized representative;
- Correspondence you and others send to us;
- Information we receive through the website;
- Information about your transactions with, or services performed by, us, our affiliates or nonaffiliated third parties; and
- Information from consumer or other reporting agencies and public records maintained by governmental entities that we obtain directly from those entities, our affiliates or others.
Browsing Information – Terra Abstract may collect the following categories of Browsing Information:
- Internet Protocol (or IP) address or devise ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information;
- Browser language and type;
- Domain name system requests;
- Browsing history, http headers, application client and server banners; and
- Operating system and fingerprinting data.
Browsing Information Collection – If you visit or use the Terra Abstract website, we may collect Browsing Information from you as follows:
- Browser Log Files – Our servers may automatically log each visitor to our website and collect and record certain browsing information about each visitor. The Browsing Information includes generic information and reveals nothing personal about the user.
- Cookies – When you visit the Terra Abstract website, a “cookie” may be sent to your computer. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your internet browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. When you revisit a website, the cookie allows the website to recognize your computer enhancing the user experience. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our website. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information, although they may store user preferences and other information. You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by changing your internet browser settings, which may limit some functionality of the website.
Information Use and Sharing – Information collected by Terra Abstract is used and shared for these purposes:
- The information is used to provide products and services to our customers;
- The information is shared with our affiliates or third parties to obtain services on your behalf or in connection with a transaction involving you;
- To improve our products and services; and
- To communicate with you and to inform you about our products and services or those of our affiliates or third parties.
We may share your Personal Information (excluding information we receive from consumer or other credit reporting agencies) and Browsing Information with our affiliates and/or nonaffiliated parties providing services for you or us, as permitted by law, without obtaining your prior authorization. We may also disclose your Personal and Browsing Information to law enforcement agencies or governmental authorities, when required by law (or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary), and to parties whose interest in title must be determined.
Security – We maintain reasonable safeguards to keep your Personal Information secure. We expect that information provided to our affiliates or third party service providers will be handled in compliance with our Privacy Notice or in a manner consistent with applicable privacy laws. The security of your information is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We use commercially acceptable means to protect your information and we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, title search, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. But we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Additionally, we are not responsible for any breach of security by a third party, even if our website links to those parties.
Choices About Our Use of Your Information – It is your decision, if you wish to provide us with Personal Information. Also, you may opt-out of certain disclosures or uses of your information. By submitting your Personal Information to us or by using the Terra Abstract website, you are accepting and agreeing to the terms of this Privacy Notice. The Terra Abstract website is not intended to attract children and we do not knowingly collect information from children who are under the age of 16. If you have questions, want to opt-out of information sharing or correct your Personal Information, or if you feel we are not complying with this Privacy Notice, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Terra Abstract, 1581 Main Street, Suite 200, Warrington, PA 18976.